Saturday, September 27, 2008

First day of school






The kids finally had their first day of school, AHSJ is moving into a new building and had some set backs that forced them to postpone school until they finished up construction. In the end the building still wasn't ready so we started at the old building for a couple of weeks. The kids are very excited to get back to school and the routine of things. I started teaching 2nd grade at their school and so far so good. Overall my experience this summer with the staff has been wonderful, it really has been what I needed. Bennett is with my mom and doing very well, (I miss him so much and feel so bad leaving him). Erin is doing great, the first week is always stressful, but she loves her class, her friends, and her teacher. And sweet Wilson, the one who lead us all there in the first place, is doing perfect. I have worried about the first day of kindergarten for him since he was 3 and first diagonised. It was so hard on me having to send him to class by himself and walk away since I had a class full of students of my own, otherwise I don't think I could have. I still run to his teachers wanting every detail, and I'm dying to be a fly on the wall and watch him. I do get to see him briefly at lunch and he's always happy, he wants to tell me about what he doing, about his friends, and he's so excited about his packed lunch. Just like every other 'normal' kid. The joy that I feel watching him interact and behave so typically is overwhelming. He is truly a miracle. Thank you for all the prayers on his behalf (since the 3 people that read this blog are all family members).

5 comments:

Tonya said...

Amber I read your blog! I am excited to hear more about school. I am grateful to hear that Wilson is doing well in kindergraten (that's crazy that he is already there). I hope that all is well and happy at your home. Luv to all.

Nikki and Kevin said...

I read too! I'm glad that everyone is doing well at AH! It's so exciting for all of you! Bennett must be missing you each day but I am sure that he enjoys spending time with Grandma Murphy.

Kimmy said...

Yea! You consider us family!!!! I am so glad Wilson is doing well at school! I knew he would love it! I'm sure Bennett is loving life with grandma. You are going to be such a fantastic teacher for those kids, I am glad you are having fun. We need to get together on one of your Friday's off!

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

I am glad the kids are doing well in school. I think it is great Wilson likes his class and you can be close by to hear how he is. We think of you often and wish you the best!!

Anonymous said...

oh my your kids are WAY too big!! where has the time gone!?!